Almond Toffee Chocolate Brittle - CRACK


Lately I have been on a baking kick for the past few days. But I would have to say that these are my favorite so far and the peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal cookies come in at a close second. But holy cannoli, these toffee brittles are lethal. They are so addicting. If dessert could be a drug, THESE WOULD BE CRACK. I absolutely love the taste of toffee. If you love Almond Rocha or Heath bars you MUST make this!!! This dessert is so surprisingly good and easy that it makes you say, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe I made this." It tastes sooooo much like the real thing and it's unbelievably easy. I must warn you though, these are SUPER addicting. I just ate about 4 of them and I JUST pulled them out of the fridge. I'm realizing I really shouldn't make any more desserts because I find myself consuming way more than any human should actually eat in one sitting. I think I will cut back a bit before I bust an artery.

I found this recipe from this website. I halved the recipe and my first batch burned because 15 minutes was way too long to have these in the oven. Maybe because I made a half batch they cooked a lot faster. I pulled mine out after about 5 minutes. Basically, when the caramel begins to bubble in the oven you want to pull these out. After I finished sprinkling almonds on top I put them in the freezer to cool down faster b/c I'm just impatient like that. After they were cool enough to eat I broke them into funky shapes which I think makes it look more decorative and whimsical. These are sooooo good, they are heavenly.

UPDATE: I am now using a different that produces excellent result every time

Almond Chocolate Toffee Crunchies Recipe
Ingredients:
1 sleeve of saltine crackers (20 crackers)
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted (I used salted roasted almonds)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Line crackers on cookie sheet close together. In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and start timer and boil for 3 minutes - do not stir. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely. Bake for 5-7 minutes. I would linger more towards 7 minutes just to ensure that the caramel sets. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the cookie sheet. The chocolate should start to melt. Spread chocolate over the toffee mixture and top with nuts. Allow to completely cool before breaking toffee up in pieces. If you're impatient like me put them in the freezer for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comments:



Anonymous said...

Going through this blog, its my sincere feeling that you have the precise knoeledge of what are you talking about.I seriously wish to congratulate you for zeal for the work you own that has made you stand today on this height.Truly speaking,there has not been even once that I have gone through your blog and went without getting some good information.Get Going.And yes i have book mark your site lisasnumnum.blogspot.com .