Curried Chicken Salad with Jicama and Pear


When I see Chicken Salad on a menu I usually shy away from ordering it because it's always drowning in globs of mayo. Usually when it arrives at the table I'm always thinking, "hmmmm, would you like some chicken with your mayo?" This Curried Chicken Salad however is light, healthy and delish. The mayo is strategically substituted with Greek yogurt which makes this dish surprisingly light. It's also a little different then your traditional Chicken Salad due to the addition of pears, jicama and some smoky curry which will tantalize your taste buds. I love it when a dish is not just one dimensional and hits all the different senses on your taste buds. You get a hint of sweetness from the honey and pear, sourness from the lemon and tangyness from the yogurt...am I making you hungry yet? Well if you are, I highly suggest making this salad - I think you will likey :)


Curried Chicken Salad with Jicama and Pear
Serves 2
Adapted from Green Lite Bites

• 1/2 cup of jicama, small dice (can substitute apple)
• 1 medium bartlett pear
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/2 tbsp honey
• 1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt
• 1 tbsp light mayo (I would omit next time)
• 1 tsp curry
• Kosher Salt & Pepper to taste
• 8 oz leftover cooked chicken
• Parsley, finely chopped to taste
• Toppings: lettuce, thinly sliced tomatoes

Cut the jicama and pear into small cubes. Toss with the lemon juice. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and let sit a few minutes. (I added more honey and lemon juice to taste)
Stuff in a pita, add to a wrap or slap on some whole wheat bread. You could also be extra healthy and serve this on top of a bed of greens or eat as lettuce wraps.

1 comments:



Roni said...

LOVE what you did with it... LOOKS amazing!!