Lobster and I have been eating at this restaurant for years where they serve a delicious shrimp ravioli with shiitake cream sauce. Determined to recreate the dish at home, I came up with this recipe. I'd say for my first run I was pleased with the results. It's so fun trying to recreate meals you've had at restaurants in the comfort of your own home. I was able to use my fancy pasta roller and seriously - nothin' beats homemade pasta! Makes you look like a fancy chef and actually know what you're doing. So if you're looking for a recipe to impress company, this ones definitely a winner.
Shrimp Ravioli with Shiitake Cream Sauce
1 1/2 cup semolina flour
1/4 cup lukewarm water
Mix ingredients in a food processor. Slowly add water until mixture almost forms into a ball. When you feel the dough it should hold together when you squeeze it with your hand. Mixture should feel moist but not wet. Remove from mixer and shape dough into a ball and knead until smooth 5-10 minutes. Refrigerate and let rest for 30 minutes. Using kitchen aid mixer/pasta attachment follow this recipe to roll out into ravioli.
Recipe from here
Take 1/2 pound shrimp and cut into chunks. In a blender or food processor, whirl shrimp, 1 egg white, 1/3 cup half and half, and 2 teaspoons chopped chives until smoothly pureed. Add salt and white pepper to taste. If made ahead, cover and chill up to 24 hours.
Shiitake Cream Sauce
Adapted from All Recipes
• Shrimp ravioli
• 6 ounces fresh sliced shiitake mushrooms
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 1/4 cup white wine
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 cup chicken broth
• 1/2 cup half and half
• salt to taste
• ground black pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Saute garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat; add mushrooms and cook until browned. Add chicken stock and wine, and cook until mixture is reduced to 1/2 volume. Blend in half and half, and reduce to desired thickness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Meanwhile cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until ravioli float to the top.
3. Using a slotted spoon add ravioli and toss with sauce until coated. Serve on small warmed plates, topped with grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.